- Sizes beginning with 22mm will be whitewood timber.
- Sizes beginning with 25mm and above will be redwood/ Joinery grade timber.
- Planed timber is ideal for creating indoor furniture as it has a very flat and smooth surface, being one of the safest timbers to touch and handle due to this.
- Planed timber has a much lower moisture content than Sawn timber (such as C16 or 24 or CLS), this means it will be easier to cut joints into and work with at a more precise level.
- All of our Planed timber has square edges, they are not rounded or eased.
All sizes that are in stock are available to choose from the drop-down menus. Some sizes are only available in certain lengths, be sure to go through the lengths to see all the dimensions we have to offer!
APPLICATIONS (What can I use P.A.R. for?)
Planed timber can be used throughout the house for many applications, below we provide a list of some common uses and sizes:
- 1×1 is ideal for:
- Airing cupboard shelves
- Duck trays/board.
- Any small shelving unit or storage solution.
- 1 x7/8 is great for fascia boards to affix guttering to and can be painted to make it weatherproof.
- PAR can be used for Door Frames and general framing.
- 4 x 4 (100 x 100mm) is the perfect size for Newel Posts.
- Sizes 3,4,5 x 1 are perfect for:
- Wall plate for handrails
- Skirting Boards
- Trims for finishing edges/ corners
- Furniture-making, such as Wardrobes or Beds
- Boxes and storage chests
- Any finished item or furnishing for the house.